Ferrets as Pet: the Pros and Cons
This video is meant to give a full picture of ferret ownership. While owning ferrets is amazing, it comes with lots of responsibility and requires long-term commitment, the owners time, patience, and resources to take care of the ferret.
Check out some of my ferret care videos here. />
This is just my experience. I love my ferrets, but it would be misleading to only show the easy and fun side of ferret ownership. There are several things to consider before buying a ferret. Here are a few:
1. Housing – a large cage, such as a ferret nation is recommended. Even if you are able to give them a cage free lifestyle. Every once and a while you will need to put them in the cage for one reason or another.
2. Time- Ferrets should be taken out of their cage for at the very least 4 hours a day
3. A vet that cares for exotic animal, such as ferrets
4. Ferret Proofing – you will definitely want to ferret proof any area your ferrets will live in or play in. This is for your ferrets safety and for the protection of your belongings.
5. Emergency fund – this is obviously not something that everyone can do and I don’t feel like it’s realistic to expect every ferret owner to have an extra $500 – $1000 dollars laying around for a ferret emergency. However, if you can it may be good to start a ferret emergency fund. My ferret broke his leg as a baby and it was very expensive to fix, I did not have an emergency fund and that meant I had to come up with the money to care for his broken leg unexpectedly.
There are many other things you will want to try and do before buying or rescuing a ferret.
If you like this video be sure to SUBSCRIBE, LIKE, &, SHARE
Check us out on:
Facebook Page: /
Esty Shop: s
#ferrets #pets #animals